|Field Trips and Group Visits
|A visit to the Children's Museum will be an experience full of learning, creativity and discovery! After a brief orientation by Museum staff, your group will be divided into several small groups.
Special art, science, movement and music workshops are available and can be personalized for your class's specific needs. For more information, inquire when you book your field trip. Additional fees apply.
Discovery Cards will assist your teaching staff and chaperones as they guide their groups through the exhibit areas. These age and grade appropriate Discovery Cards offer suggestions for group and individual activities which are thought-provoking, and fun-filled opportunities for learning. The activities are based upon the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
Group visits can be scheduled almost any time that the Museum is open (subject to prior Museum bookings).
Museum hours are:
• Tuesday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm
• Saturday & Sunday 12 - 5 pm
• Closed most Mondays (except certain school holidays)
• Summer hours: Mon - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm,
Saturdays 12 - 4 pm, closed Sundays
• Must be booked in advance
• $5.00 per person (20 or more)
• One chaperone admitted free for every five children
• Call for July and August pricing
The Mass Cultural Council is now accepting applications for the 09-10 school year! The Big Yellow School Bus offers a $200 grant to pay for bus transportation for your class to come and visit the museum!
Please feel free to call us (508) 230-3789 with any questions or to book a visit for your group. Our staff can provide supplemental educational material or activities to enhance your group's visit. We hope to make your visit to the Children's Museum a wonderful experience! Click here for some advice from our staff.
Gift Shop - Our Gift Shop is stocked with quality educational toys and games and a variety of inexpensive gifts and souvenirs, many items are under $2.00. Teachers with an MTA card will receive a 10% discount.
The Wild Place - our garden and Outdoor Learning Center offers interactive learning stations, garden art and music, climbing structures, a nature scavenger hunt and a picnic area.
Parking is available on the Museum's property as well as in the Easton Town Parking Lot, adjacent to the Museum.
How to Have a Great Field Trip!
by Karen Frick, Museum Visitor Services Manager
Museums provide informal learning experiences that are very different from those found in a classroom. The Children's Museum in Easton is dedicated to providing an environment that is fun and encourages learning.
Our field trip reservation process is simple and we are committed to providing you with superior customer service during your visit!
When planning your field trip, allow enough time for the children to interact at the exhibits and ask questions. Include extra time at the end to browse in the Museum's Gift Shop. If you would like to come and see The Children's Museum in Easton before bringing your group, please let us know. We will arrange for a free visit and tour!
Some helpful hints to ensure that your group has a fun and a safe experience:
• Bathroom visits prior to boarding the bus will eliminate the need when arriving at the Museum.
• One chaperone for every five children is required. Required chaperones are admitted free.
• Learn the names of the children in your group and take periodic head counts.
• Safety is our main priority, however, let the children be children!
• Be sure that all children are familiar with the Museum's rules. A copy of Museum rules and policies will be sent to you upon booking.
• If you are planning a lunch stay, paper bag lunches with recyclable refuse will eliminate the need to carry and locate backpacks and lunch boxes.
• When visiting during the spring, summer and fall, the children will be able to spend time in The Wild Place - our outdoor learning center. Hats and/or sunscreen are recommended. Utilizing a thermos or water jug to dispense water for drinking is also a good idea and eliminates unnecessary water bottles.
• A winter visit often avoids the spring rush!